Most activities that occur either on campus grounds or in academic buildings should be coordinated through Johns Hopkins Facilities & Real Estate.
This office is responsible for evaluating each request, determining the various entities that will be affected by the activity, and getting feedback and/or approval from each one, interpreting agency policy and procedures for requestors, approving requests, and following up on each activity. The primary objective is to help requestors have a successful event that is safe for participants and protects University property.
- Rearrange existing furniture for special events
- Procurement and set up of additional tables and chairs
- Clean up before and after special events
- Supply containers for trash, recycling, and composting
- Trash /recycling/compost collection and litter control
- Electrical hook-up and on-site electrician
- Coat racks
- Underground utility line location and sprinkler adjustments
- Installation of temporary fencing
We ask that you give us at least 24-hours advance notice for any event requiring support so that we are able to provide the best possible service for your function.
JHFRE also provides critical logistics and physical plant support services to most major university events, including Commencement, Convocation, Homecoming and Alumni Weekend.
Need audio/visual equipment?
We have an IT group that specializes in A/V setups. To submit a request, go here: